Happy Friday everyone! I don't know about you, but I've been so busy this week that I feel like I've barely had a chance to take a breath! To give you all a little peek into my week, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my very first Five for Friday linky party!
1. I work in an Extended Care program with preschool-aged children four days a week throughout the summer. This week's theme was camping and we did some pretty cute art projects, such as a handprint campfire, a jar of fireflies made from their thumbprints, and these awesome binoculars. I decided to channel my inner Russell (from the movie Up) and make a pair of my own!
2. I spend my Fridays working in a school-aged "Summer Camp" program. This afternoon we walked to the Dairy Queen a few blocks away to get a treat. You really can't beat a cherry-dipped cone!
3. So, how many of you have seen the pictures of "Pinterest Fails" online? Well, my co-workers and I just crack up over these and have decided that this summer we are going to try several Pinterest ideas and see if we can fare better. We were sure that this one was going to bomb completely, however we were pleasantly surprised that these Rainbow Jello cups actually turned out really well!
4. I have been working on the daunting task of organizing the hundreds of books that my aunt (a former teacher) gave me to use in my classroom library. This week, (with some help) I made huge progress on this endeavor. I am feeling like I will actually have it finished by the time school starts! (These pictures barely show a fraction of the amount of books we went through!)
5. Many people have recommended that I read The First Days of School by Harry Wong as I prepare for my first year. I finally started it this week! If you've read it, I'd love to hear how it has helped you in your classroom!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!